pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Monday, November 17, 2008

Lot's of love for LOCKS OF LOVE


Here is an update from last week I never got written. On Tuesday Nov. 11, our dossier arrived back at the adoption network from D.C. and was sent on to Ethiopia for translation! Wednesday Nov. 12, Jamie and I went to St Louis to the USCIS office for our fingerprinting appointment and were able to cross this step off the list! I feel it was a productive week on the adoption front.

Friday Nov. 14, Paeton came home from school and announced that she wanted to donate her hair to LOCKS of LOVE. This organization makes and provides children who have lost their hair due to illness with beautiful real hair wigs. So we Googled LOL and found out that the minimum length must be 10' inches and bound in a pony tail, clean, dry and put in a plastic bag and shipped in a padded envelope. We measured her ponytail and 10' inches was going to make her hair short, very short! Short enough that she would not be able to put it in a pony tail or bun that she needs for ballet and twirling. But also short enough that for her cameo as a lead boy in the Moscow Ballet's Nutcracker that she could pull off her part. I hesitated, and asked her are you sure you want to do this and she bravely told me, " it's okay, it will grow back. It's not the children's fault that they got sick and lost their hair mom." So my brave, compassionate daughter cut her hair off and donated it to LOL for some child that needed a wig to help them through the illness they are facing. Paeton said, " it's weird when your brother has longer hair than you." Parker also received a hair cut friday but his is still 4' longer than Paetons. Yes I am a proud mother. I truly feel blessed to parent the two incredible kids God has trusted me with and I am honored and humbled by them almost daily. I am so excited for our Ethiopian child to have P&P as older brother and sister. This is going to be one blessed child!

1 comment:

The Andersons said...

My daughter is growing her hair for Locks of Love too! Except we have to keep it long until after the Nutcracker since she is a girl. :) We are at about 8 inches, I think. Isn't in neat to see their hearts open to care for others?