pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Sunday, November 22, 2009

I married my sister




Okay, now that I have your attention, I really did marry my sister, just not in the physical sense. My sister, Wendy and her now husband, Aric, asked me if I would officiate their marriage ceremony. It is true, that I went on line and became an ordained pastor on Valentines Day 2009. It is also true that I took the charge very seriously. I referenced the movie, "Fireproof", and the book, "The Love Dare" during the ceremony. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, that unfortunately ends in divorce over 50% of the time. Wendy and I came from a divorced family, like over half of our friends and family members and you can say I am a little passionate about leaving a legacy of marriage for my own children. So to say I took the charge of being the one to marry my sister seriously is really an understatement. Our Pastor, Ron, did a 4 part sermon series on Marriage last spring in preparation for his only daughters wedding. He had written a blessing for his daughter and her husband that he would then share with them at their wedding that he would be officiating. I used his sermon series as my inspiration for the blessing I wrote for my sister and her husband. You can get a copy of the sermon series at lacroixchurch.org , it is titled, THE KNOT. The you tube video I have below is a song from the "Fireproof" sound track, Love is not a fight, by Warren Barfield. I like the song a lot and I truly believe the lyrics. I have promised to support Wendy and Aric in their marriage in any way that I can. It is my prayer that their marriage succeeds, because our marriages and our families are worth fighting for. Congratulations Wendy and Aric on your marriage and new life together. Thank you for allowing me to play a part in the ceremony. Your wedding was truly one of the loveliest weddings I have ever been to. It was so sincere, so full of love and friendship. God loves you both and with HIS help you will leave a legacy of marriage for your girls as well. I love you all!

1 comment:

Stroup Family said...

Thanks for your kind comments on our blog! I'm glad someone still reads out blog!
Your post is wonderful! I also come from a divorced family, so I know the importance of not doing that to my children. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Shari