pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I spent the day in St Louis with a dear friend today.  We have not gotten to see each other as much as we would like recently, so we planned today, to get away, shop and have lunch, a little pre-Mother's Day gift : )  It was a GREAT day!  While in a store checking out the sales woman asked me how many children I had?  I told her I had 2 at home and 2 in Africa, and yes I pulled out my little photo album and showed her photos of the twins.  It was at this time I realized that I have 4 children!  I know that must sound funny, I've had only 2 for so long, but I am so proud to be the Mother of 4 precious gifts from the Lord this year.

I returned home and found another dear friend had sent me a note in the mail.  This dear friend, Michelle loves to make special cards, and I love receiving them, this was a real treat.  What I did not realize, was this was a Mother's Day card she had made for me, a very special Mother's Day card, with the sweetest message.  . . 

A meeting convened one day
in Heavens sacred hall.
The Ideal mother must be found
for twins so sweet and small.

She must be patient, first of all,
And kind and calm and wise.
And capable of chasing tears
away from little eyes.

She'd have to put her children first
And be so very smart
Have dedication and resolve,
A sweet and loving heart.

They all agreed you were the best
No other mom would do.
Yes, Heaven found the perfect one
And sent those twins to you!

Thank you Michelle, this is so kind.  Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends!

3 comments:

The Andersons said...

I had a similar realization last week that I now have 3 children. :) Totally understand. What a sweet card. You are definitely the perfect mom for those two sweet ones!

Anonymous said...

OK -- I'm smiling at you pulling out your picture book because I keep mine with me wherever I go ... :) Happy Mother's Day, Michelle!

Leah Reeves said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!

~Leah