pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome to Florida Ms Irene

Phisher thinks it is great fun to chase down the tennis balls. He comes in pretty handy, he just doesn't like to give them back.
Irene and the kids had a great time playing tennis today. Look out Williams sisters, these two ladies will challenge your tennis skills!



The sun rise.
The sun is rising in the above photo. The photo below is just before sun rise when the sky and clouds are painted with the suns colors.


This morning, the twins got me up early, before sunrise. Yes, it is true, the little p's are not known for sleeping or for sleeping in. It was just amazing to be out on the deck with my warm coffee and sweet babies waiting to see the sunrise over the ocean. I just stood in awe, and thanked the Lord for this blessing. When I am here on the island or on any beach really I just can not help being taken away with His beautiful creation. I know for some it is the mountains and I love them too, but there is something special for me at least about the beach. I love the sound of the waves rolling in on the sand and the water being pulled back out again, only to come crashing or gently rolling back to the shore. I love the sounds the sea gulls make as they fly over head. My most favorite sound of all is when the water is calm and you can hear the water rolling over the sea shells. It sounds kind of like a wind chime, it is hard to describe the sound with words, but if you have heard this sound you know what I am talking about.


After we ate breakfast this morning, we all went for a walk on the beach and collected sea shells. Irene told us this is the first time she has ever been to the beach. I think she loved it!

We picked up Irene at the Tallahassee airport yesterday at 12:30 pm. It was so fun to see her.
We had lunch at, "On the Border", one of my favorite places to eat and then we did a little shopping. We drove back to St George Island and the road runs along the Gulf of Mexico, it is a beautiful drive. As we were driving over the 2 mile bridge to the island the sun was setting, it was a perfect evening.


1 comment:

Jeremy and Raelenna Ferguson said...

oh Michelle..what a great Christmas..I love the beach too, it is my spot of peace..I love the gorgeous water and the sounds..what a special treat for Irene..when you return to 'reality' call me and we'll catch up (lol).. love ya friend--enjoy!