pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Monday, March 2, 2009

Moving to #3 and #5

Henry posed for this picture today so that we could let everyone know we are now number THREE on the waiting list for an infant boy!  We are all very excited, Parker is thrilled to be one more step closer to hearing about his "brother".  When I first embarked on this journey, last summer, I felt like we would be given a baby boy from Ethiopia to call our own.  We did not specify gender, we wanted to allow God to choose the infant for our family.  As time has gone on, I still feel at peace with this decision but I have a desire for a baby girl and a baby boy for our family.  I do not know how God will work this out for us.  We were approved to bring home two infants/children under 36 months, and we are open to the possibility of adopting twins.  I must be honest here and tell you that my children are praying that God blesses us with TWINS, a boy and a girl!  This possibility excites me and scares me to death!  I know how much work one baby is, but I also know that if God calls me to this blessing, then He believes we as a family can handle twins.  My trust is in HIM!

These little sweethearts are messengers to tell you that we have moved to the  number FIVE spot on the waiting list for an infant girl.  The possibility that we may be referred a "sister" for Paeton has her in a state of pure joy!  She wants a sister, she will settle for the boy/girl twins but her heart is set on a baby sister.  Please pray for all of us to be yielded to Gods call when we are presented with our referral.  Deep down I know that we all will leap for joy when this day comes no matter what gender of child we are given, but I am starting to feel that there may truly be some tears because of certain expectations and desires in our hearts.  Really what I am asking is that you keep both of my dear, sweet, greatest children on earth in your prayers as they open their hearts to HIS gift to us, keep us all in your prayers as we open our hearts and allow our HEAVENLY FATHER to bless us again with another of HIS most precious creations!













3 comments:

Joshua and Lydia Rich said...

You guys are almost there! It seems like a lot of referrals have been going out lately, so you might hear something sooner than later! We didn't specify age (except under 4 years) or gender, either, but we did have our hearts set on what we thought would be "perfect" for our family. We thought we wanted a boy close to Liam's age and a baby girl. Instead, we got Yabeserra and Melekamu. To be honest, it took us a few days before we accepted the referral because we needed some time to readjust our expectations. But we are so glad we did! God knows what is right for us much better than we do!

Upstatemamma said...

Yay! Yay! YAY! That is such great news. Getting closer and bonus for me is that if you moved up I must have too. :)

the truman's said...

I am so happy you guys seem to be getting closer by the day! Thinking and praying God will lead you ALL in the right direction!
Love and hugs,
Stacey