pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Saturday, January 31, 2009

By Your Side - Tenth Avenue North

I have been inspired this morning by these worship songs, I hope it is just the nourishment your soul needs as well. I had a long conversation yesterday with our adoption facilitator (who I love) and while there is no news that our referral is just around the corner, I was able to glean some insight as to why I ache for my baby. She said that rarely is the case that a couple calls in that has decided to adopt, THAT DAY. Most people discuss, pray about it, research countries, then agencies, then pray about it some more etc. If you know our story than you know that adoption is something we have talked about since before Parker was conceived. (this may come as a shock to some) We have visited this thought of adoption many times over the 15 years we have been married. I would say that God started really whispering to me about three years ago that it was time, I guess He knew how stubborn and hardheaded we are, so He started preparing us many years ago for this journey that we are now on. So when you look at the top of our blog and you see the CUTEST time line ever to bringing baby home and it says 3months and 1week and counting, that is really crap! (forgive me?) It really hasn't been just this short amount of time, it has been years, 13 or 14 really long years preparing for this journey to our baby. Most of you reading this entry will in no way be able to relate, but "CAN I GET A WITNESS?" I am aching for my child, my two greatest kids in the whole wide world are aching for their new sibling, and my dear best husband in the whole wide world, who is patient and trusts in HIS timing, though he may not feel the ache as intensely as I, he is aching for our child also. So this morning I choose to cry out to my Father, my best friend, the quiet comforter of my hurts, and trust in Him to provide rest for my soul, health, love and peace to my child's birth mother, abundant nourishment for my child on the other side of the world; nourishment in the form of love, gentleness, touch, joy, peace, food for the tummy, health and all the other forms of nourishment that only HE knows my child needs. I am blessed, so blessed to know and trust that God will provide.

4 comments:

The Andersons said...

could have written that post myself. right there with you.

Chantelle said...

You've got a witness right here momma!!!! Man, I totally get it. We too, love Leah also. I know it would be so crazy to be able to step way back and see things the way God does and his timing of everything. Pretty cool.
Love
Chantelle

Leah Reeves said...

Lovely post and so true. Your child has been in your heart for much longer than 3.5 months!

When it is referral day, the tears will be great. I am tearing up just thinking about calling you with your referral....I am in trouble when the day comes! Water works.

Jos said...

You write so well!! I wish I could be there with you through this awesome journey. I can't wait to me my new niece or nephew!!!