pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Number 9 and Number 4
















These are fun pictures of our new numbers on the waiting list.  We are now officially number 9 on the baby girl waiting list and number 4 on the baby boy waiting list.  The mom who was referred the 2 month old baby boy was on both wait list (like we are, no gender pref) so that is why we moved from # 11 to #10.  Then sadly the couple who were number 2 on the waiting list for a baby girl had to put their adoption on hold for financial reasons.  I am so sad for them.  The rest of us on the wait list benefit from their misfortune.  "In My time Michelle", is what I keep hearing the Lord whisper to me.  I know it is in His time that we all will be united with our children in Ethiopia. . . so I guess I will allow this fact to comfort my feelings of sadness for this couple.  We love to vacation to Florida.  It is our families most favorite vacation we take annually for the last 7 years.  We are thinking of going right after school gets out in May, but then I wonder if that will be about the time we travel to pick up our new child.  Trying to judge the timing of referrals, court dates, if you pass the first time or have to be rescheduled, it is a scheduling nightmare to say the least.  Then again I hear the whisper of those words.  We would love to take Parker and Paeton one more time and make more lasting memories of this family. . . .we would love to take them and our new kiddo and make lasting memories our our new family of 5. . . we just don't know.  And as I look back at what I've written it seems like not such a big thing in the BIG picture. . . why has this lack of not being able to control our schedule, when we vacation, who we take with us, taken my mind hostage??  I guess because I feel so out of control over these circumstances, the whole adoption included and I am not doing a very good job trusting in HIM, in His timing, in His plan for me and my family. . . I will work on this.

3 comments:

asuzm said...

You are right to listen to the words God is whispering in your ear. I too let things that are insignificant when compared to the "Big Picture" take my mind hostage and have a difficult time trusing God; but I'm trying....

You are an absolute inspiration, Michelle and I love the person you are.

Jeremy and Raelenna Ferguson said...

Hi!!! It was great getting to know you and Jamie better this weekend at the retreat..hopefully we can get together and share more and more!!! our blog is www.fergusonfamilyofsix.blogspot.com

Leah Reeves said...

Timing is everything, right! I am so looking forward to the day I get to make, "the call" to your family.

Leah