pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Praying the Psalms

Psalm 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

Psalm 62:5-7, 8
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depend on God, He is my mighty rock, my refuge.  vs8 Trust in HIM at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Psalm 10:14, 17-18
You are the defender of orphans Lord you know the hopes of the helpless.  Surely you will listen to their cries and comfort them.  You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed so people can no longer terrify them.

As I sit here and wait, wait for news of families getting united with their children God has called them to in Ethiopia, waiting for the news that our child has been identified, waiting until the day that I can jump on a plane and get to him/her, hold him/her in my arms,  I am terribly restless.  It is so hard to stay here and wait.  Wait while I know there are thousands of children that will die today from starvation, unclean water, AIDS, and numerous other maladies.  It is true that we will rescue an orphan, bring he/she home, change the world for a child.  But it is so much more than that.  I know God is calling me to do more than just save one child.  So I am praying that He will reveal HIS plan to me, that I may have a prepared heart to receive the call.  That tomorrow I won't get to busy, to wrapped up in my life that I don't hear HIM.  Some days it hurts to eat, food is so plentiful, it hurts to shower, just turn the handle as much hot water as I wish.  I am uncomfortable as I stand in my closet and look at the clothes and shoes jammed packed in there spilling out as I try and decide what to wear. . . because I can't find anything to wear!  There is a beautiful outdoor labyrinth at a church that is close to our house.  The last couple of days we have had temperatures in the mid 50's and I have walked and prayed the labyrinth.  I feel at a loss, my words so inadequate to do justice for all the orphans in Africa. There is power in numbers, there is power in prayer, won't you join me.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I love the book of Psalms! The scriptures are so beautiful.
Yeah, we are from KY-a town called Somerset. The Ethiopian restaurant we went to was good-Ethiopian food is so unique-I would love to go back and try everything! We definitly plan on taking our child there someday-hopefully sooner than later:)