pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Blessing Jar

On friday afternoon when I returned home from picking up Parker and Paeton from school, there was a gift on the front porch. Inside was the sweetest gift, The Blessing Jar. "What a blessing- a precious little one to love! This blessing jar contains 31 timeless thoughts that celebrate this special gift.
Here are a few of my favorites. . .

I love little children, and it is not a slight thing when they, who are fresh from God, love us.
Charles Dickens

Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.
Lady Bird Johnson

Babies are like sponges. They absorb all your strength and leave you limp. But give them a squeeze and you get it all back.

The first handshake in life is the greatest of all: The clasp of an infant's finger around your own.

Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. Harold S. Hulbert

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

A hundred years from now . . . it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. . . but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. Anonymous

I love thinking on these things as I go about my life's work. Having been trusted by Him to raise four precious children is something I do not take lightly. With help from above I pray they will all grow to love and serve HIM!

Thank you friends for your kindness and inspiration!

No comments: