pocket frogs 2

Voting

\\Dig Deep in Chuko

lilly pie

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Christmas 2009, St George Island, FL

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reflections on turning 40



I know some women who dread this birthday but for me I am thankful for the 40 years of life I have lived. I have always had clean water to drink and bathe in, enough food to nourish my body, a home to live in, clothes and shoes to wear and a family who loves me. I have had the opportunity to be educated and graduate from college, have a career and earn an income. I am blessed to be married to my best friend. We celebrated our 15 year anniversary in Ethiopia with our FOUR children; who can only be described as gifts from God.

So I am celebrating my 40th birthday looking back on a blessed and fortunate life. I am looking forward to using all He has gifted me with to serve Him and make a difference for His kingdom with the rest of it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I love being 41!

Hugs and blessings to you!
Jill

Lory Howlett said...

Happy Birthday! I feel like I really started to live when I turned 40! (And don't forget, 40 is the new 30!)

God bless today and always,
Lory